Privacy Security Policy
Global Data Excellence (GDE or we or us) is strongly committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice (the Notice) applies to the processing of your personal data in relation to the use of our website https://globaldataexcellence.com/, https://www.globaldataexcellence.ch, https://www.globaldataexcellence.fr/, https://www.globaldataexcellence.co.uk. (the Websites) and the performance of our contract with you when using and/or purchasing our services.
The website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such website before providing any data to them.
Who we are
The controller is the company that determines which of your personal data is processed, for which purposes, and how. With regard to the processing of your personal data under this Notice, we act as a controller and thus are responsible for related processing including your personal data.
In case of questions regarding this Notice or any related data privacy concern, you can contact us as follows:
Global Data Excellence
Route de la Galaise 34 – 1228 Plan-les-Ouates (GE) – Switzerland
Phone : +41 (0) 22 552 04 30
Personal data we process
GDE may process the following personal data about you:
- your name and contact details (e.g. name, address, phone number or email address), information about the company you work for, your position or title and your relationship to a person, and other basic information;
- technical information (e.g. your IP address, device, browser, date and time of your visit etc.);
- information on your behaviour on our website (e.g. products you purchase, information on your interaction with us, your requests or about the sites you visit);
- financial information (e.g. payment-related information);
- information provided to us for the purposes of attending meetings, seminars and events;
- information in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically (e.g. your use of marketing e-mails);
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us when interacting with us (e.g. in relation to the performance of a contract with you).
Such data may also include sensitive data, i.e. data that requests higher protection. We will usually not process such information, unless you give your prior consent thereto.
You are not obliged to provide us with this information. However, please note, that in case you do not wish to share this data with us, you may not be able to use our entire services and products.
Usually, we collect this information directly from you. However, we also may collect from time to time your personal data from other sources, for example to keep your information up to date using publicly available sources. We need your personal data in the course of providing our services only.
Further, in case that you provide us with personal data from third parties, we rely on the lawfulness of such disclosure and require you to ensure that you are permitted to share such information with us.
Moreover, GDE aims to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on you to update or correct your personal information whenever necessary.
How we use your personal data and for what purposes
We process your personal data in the following situations:
- to communicate with you when you contact us, for instance, by phone, via e-mail or our contact form on the website;
- to provide and improve our website to optimise your use of thereof;
- to provide and improve our services to you and to fulfil our contractual obligations incl. situations where you subscribe to our services at third party websites and applications, or when interacting offline with us (e.g. based on a print contract);
- to promote our services, including by sending alerts, updates, newsletters, event invitations etc.;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
On what basis we use your personal information
We process your personal data on the following legal bases:
- The performance of a contract;
- our legitimate interests;
- your consent;
- compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and requirements.
Automated individual decision making
“Automated individual decision making” relates to decisions which are based solely on automated means and which result in negative legal effects or other similarly negative effects on you.
“Profiling” means a process by which personal data is processed automatically to evaluate, analyse or predict personal aspects, e.g. work performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
We may process your personal data based on such processes, in particular in the context of our marketing activities or customer relationship management. We will inform you separately if we make automated individual decisions and provided that such information is required by law.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as IT service providers;
- Our partners (who may be required to implement our software solutions or to do consulting activities).
For the purposes as set out in this Notice and where necessary, we may share personal data with courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Countries we transfer your personal data to
We may also transfer your personal data to recipients abroad, including in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as Swiss law. Before we do so we will implement appropriate measures to protect your personal data, for example by requiring the recipient to agree to data processing agreements. (If you would like to receive a copy of these agreements, please contact us at the address indicated above. These agreements are usually based on the EU standard clauses, which you may review here). We may also transfer personal data with your explicit consent and in certain other situations as permitted by applicable law.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical/performance cookies: these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Our website uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our website, it does enable us to continually improve our website, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- Targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have viewed and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website and related services.
Web Analytics Tools and social plug-ins
We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Through the obtained statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the Swiss-US Privacy Shield and thus provides for an adequate data protection level in this respect.
We may also use social plug-ins (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google+) for advertising purposes. We process your personal data in connection with these plug-ins if you use these plug-ins only, in which case we rely on your consent to process your personal data in this respect. However, data protection compliance in this respect is not in our responsibility and must be ensured by the respective service providers.
Please note that if you use the services of these social networks independently or in connection with our website, the social networks will evaluate your use of these plug-ins. In this case, information about the plug-in is forwarded to the social networks.
How we protect your personal data
We implement various technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
In particular, we take the necessary technical and organisational measures in order to ensure an adequate level of data protection appropriate to the risk that is related to a respective processing. Except for law enforcement authorities in limited circumstances, only our employees or other persons who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
Where you are using our website, we attempt to provide for the secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers by utilising encryption software. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us will be free from unauthorised access by third parties.
How we retain your personal data
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the data is collected, and as long as we have a legitimate interest in keeping personal data (for example to enforce or defend claims or for archiving purposes and IT security). We also retain your personal data as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation.
Changes to this Notice
This Notice may be updated over time, specifically if we change our data processing or if new legislation becomes applicable. We actively inform persons whose contact details are registered with us of such changes in the event the changes are significant, if this is possible without disproportionate effort. In general, however, the data protection declaration in its current version at the beginning of the respective processing applies to data processing.
According to the applicable law, you may have the right to:
- request access to your personal information.
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate.
- request erasure of your personal information if there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- ask us to stop processing personal information (where we are relying on a legitimate interest) if you wish to object to processing on this ground.
- withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data.
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority, in Switzerland with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
In particular, you may withdraw your consent in relation with direct marketing measures and request us to remove your information from our marketing database entirely by using the link in the respective newsletter communication or by contacting us as indicated in the Section “Who we are”, above. However, such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of former processing.